Friday, April 13, 2018

Here and Now .... new link-up fun to join in

..........and an update on my Mirrhi 

Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post with messages of support and concern. Mirrhi's certainly feeling better, and is pretty much back to normal, enjoying being outdoors and rolling happily around on the grass with her ball.....a different girl to the one who could hardly lift her head last week. 


As for me, not so happy.  I finally tracked down the attacking dog's owner, and unfortunately she was belligerent, argumentative and downright unpleasant, actually commenting, amongst other things, that the attack was probably Mirrhi's fault as she's part-border collie!  Apparently this breed is 'stand-offish and unlikable' and because of this, her dog isn't keen on them, and has had a go at another border collie in the past. She also made demands about wanting to see photos of the injuries, to be sure they warranted vet treatment, and in a recent email, intimated she won't pay the bill if I don't take photos of her injuries, not taking into account that Mirrhi's ear is still swollen, bruised and sore. I'm left a little speechless ....unusual for me!

***

So onto more pleasant things and Here and Now.  I've just started following Sarah at Say Little Hen, and her blog is full of happy chattiness about things I love like gardening, knitting, chickens......and border collies!  Her here and Now link-up encourages us to stop and look around, to think about, savour and recognise all our little moments, happy and not-so.  

So here goes, my first Here and Now......

Homegrown papaya
Chai tea in the mornings

Weeds crowding out the fig tree

No weeds !  A blank canvas ready to plant up.

Loving //  The cool nights and mornings of early autumn. The days can still be quite hot, but without the energy sapping humidity that our sub-tropical summers are known for.

Eating //  Papayas straight off the tree. One ready to eat, one still to ripen, and some left on the tree for the fruit bats. Delicious with a squeeze of lime from a neighbour's tree.

Drinking //  Water, water kefir and this delicious local chai, a gift from a friend to say 'thank-you'.

Feeling //  Tired from all the stress and worry over Mirrhi, upset at the other dog's owner's attitude, but relieved my girl is ok.

Making // Progress with getting the weeds under control after a hot,wet summer. Just doing a little every day makes it seem doable.....and my back thanks me.

Thinking //  About joining Sarah's Tea-Mouse knit-a-long

Dreaming //  About what I'll plant in my newly-weeded garden beds.



........till next time.

20 comments:

  1. Nanette so pleased to read that Mirrhi is improving. I do hope you get your vet fees reimbursed. I must have a look at Sarah's blog. It sounds like a nice place to go to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a relief Chelle, it was horrible seeing her all listless and in pain. Yes, do check out Sarah's blog, she has lots of good things to say.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your Mirrhi is feeling that bit better, Nanette. Lovely that she's back playing with her ball. Many years ago, we had a Rottweiler attack the two lovely dogs we had back then. It jumped it's own front fence to get at our dogs. I disliked taking my dogs for a walk past that house from that day forward, it does make you worry and feel nervous. I hope that the dog's owner reimburses your bills as that is the right thing to do. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meg,its good she's getting back to normal. I know what you mean about worrying while walking your dog, I don't even like going out our front gate now, so nervous another dog will jump us.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear that Mirrhi is getting better.
    Mmm homegrown papaya is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to have Mirrhi back to her normal cheeky self. The papayas are so nice, I just have to make sure the bats don't get them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonder if you should make a report to the police about the incident? If this is the 2nd attack, then they may already know her and might go round and advise her that her dog is a bloody nuisance lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reported it to Council and the ranger has been involved. As much as I like the idea of a big burly cop turning up on her doorstep, it's not a police matter. She's probably being obstructionist because she's had the ranger talking to her.

      Delete
  6. Just a thought, but it might be worth asking the vet if they'll produce a report stating Mirrhi's injuries, what had to be done and how much it cost. She can't really argue with that (hopefully!). It might also be good to supply a copy to the ranger as additional evidence. Glad you and your lovely girl are are nearly back to your usual selves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done all that Kate, her demand for photos of the injuries to prove the treatment was justified came after that. She says it's only a recommendation you follow a course of treatment, and she wants to be sure the amount of the vet's bill was really necessary....the treatment was pain relief and antibiotics,so definitely necessary. The ranger has all correspondence as well. My girl's doing well,but I'm a bit of a wreck, and this woman's attitude isn't helping.

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for joining un Nanette! It was super lovely to discover your gorgeous blog.
    I'm so sorry that Mirrhi was attacked! Border Collies are generally liked by others dogs, as they're very placid. I grew up with a Staffy mix that was rather aggressive towards other dogs (we always kept her at home so she couldn't be a problem with other people's dogs) and even she liked Border Collies and was gentle towards them!
    I've got two border collies now and they get along with lots of other dogs. It's a pity that the other owner was so unhelpful. I'd be appalled if one of my dogs injured another dog!!
    I hope Mirrhi isn't too timid around strange dogs now after her experience.

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Sarah x

    PS I'd love for you to join the Knit Along! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Sarah..I'm glad I found your blog too. I think the owner is forgetting we are the victims here, not her. Similar to you with your staffy, she told me she walks her dog across in the cane fields so she's kept away from other dogs "in case". I keep trying to put myself in her shoes, but I'd be appalled too and would be trying to doall I could to make it right, not be defensive and difficult. Mirrhi is nervous now around other dogs, and I just hope she remains timid and doesn't become aggressive,as I've seen with other dogs who have been attacked. Only time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I literally just ate half a papaya before I sat down to read this! They are my favourite fruit and I have a few trees growing this delight around my place. I'm glad your dog is ok, sounds like a terrible ordeal for you both and especially dealing with awful humans like you have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't they the best, papaya straight off the tree! The human is the worst of it, I think. Thanks for visiting Clarissa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello :)

    It is so nice to read you here&now and discover you blog..
    Woow do you know I didn't try papaya before.

    We dont have in Turkey
    Have a wonderful day
    Ezgi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ezgi, lovely to have you visit for Here and Now. Papaya is a delicious tropical fruit, a taste not everyone likes, but one of my favourites. Have a good week.

      Delete
  12. Glad to hear Mirrhi is back to normal for the most part. Sorry to hear about your unsettling and unhelpful interaction with the owner. I hope your interaction with her isn't too drawn out.
    Look forward to seeing the progress in the garden beds.
    Cheers,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Laura, Mirrhi is doing well,still some swelling and discomfort in her ear,but healing nicely. I have only done a little more weeding and mulching in the garden, as our autumn has reverted to summer, and the temps have been too high to be planting seedlings and new plants, but I can't wait for itto become cooler to fill up those beds.

      Delete
  13. Oh my goodness! How terrible! Glad to hear that Mirrhi is on the mend. It's no wonder you are stressed! I just popped back into your last weeks post and read the story. Scary indeed. Thank goodness for the neighbour's help.

    I completely understand the fear of going back out. A friend once confined that they started walking with an old tennis racket (may look odd, but apparently great for putting between an aggressive dog and yours) after a similar scare. No idea if it would actually help them, but mentally it did the trick until he was confident and comfortable enough to leave it behind for walks.

    Good luck and healing thoughts to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Laura,lovely to have you visit and thank you for the good thoughts for us. I do carry a big stick,but am afraid I was a bit useless with it in the moment, all rational thought went out the window.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome